Monday, July 16, 2018

Carson Lucena

Carson Lucena:

Carson Lucena is following in a long time family tradition working at the anvil, and for his age and experience, is truly an amazing artist.

 


Carson's Bio:


My name is Carson Lucena and I am from Rose Bud, Arkansas. I’m currently 17 years old and I have been part-time blacksmithing for 2 and a half years. I became interested in blacksmithing after seeing beautiful flintlock rifles in movies and on the internet. Discovering that those weapons could be crafted by hand opened a new door for me. I discovered my great-great-grandfather was a blacksmith in the 1920’s and that my grandfather still possessed some of his old tools, including his Hay-Budden anvil.
My grandfather and I set to work preparing our tools and started forming metal on weekends. My grandfather gave me everything I needed to start this craft and I took off with it. Blacksmithing has changed my life and has taught me not only the art of metal work but also the meaning of hard-work. I currently work part-time for the local veterinary hospital in Rose Bud, attend Rose Bud High School, and spend my spare time still perfecting my skills.
I have a long way to go before reaching perfection, but I have the willingness and determination to succeed in blacksmithing.


Carson will be displaying the following tomahawk which he forged  at the New & Aspiring Artist table at the 2018 CLA show in Lexington:


Contact:  You can contact Carson via his facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/Moose920/about?lst=100010895046648%3A100002159970996%3A1531790166

Or via E-mail at:  clbladesmithing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment