Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Bill Mills

Bill Mills:

Bill Mills is yet another one of the "New & Aspiring Artists" who will be at the CLA show in August in Lexington, KY. 

Bill's Bio:


I am from Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, and I started gunbuilding after a trip to Dixon’s muzzleloading shop which is near my home.  I saw all of the custom guns and decided that I would like to build my own rifles. Without the knowledge to complete the project on my own I enrolled in a gun building class at the Jacobsburg historical society And was mentored  by local gun builder Bob Rubbo.

Looking to expand the scope of my work including forging Iron mounts I received help from Ian Pratt and enrolled in the gun building classes he and Jim Kibler taught at canters cave.

I work full time as an hvacr  technician ,and build guns in my free time.

Bill’s son, Billy, is a young but aspiring blacksmith, and may be with Bill showing his forged flint strikers at the "new artists" table.


Below is the gun in the process of being completed by Bill for display at the CLA show.


Bill’s contact info:
Bill Mills,
542 Summerhill Rd.
Schuylkill Haven pa 17972


Phone 570 754-4130 or 570 640-5354


No comments:

Post a Comment